OUR INSPECTION SERVICES
General Home Inspection
When you hire SitePro Home Inspections to examine your property, you’ll receive a thorough inspection beginning with the driveway, outside features, and a roof inspection. From there, we will move to the attic and review the plumbing, electrical, gas, and check your sheathing for proper hurricane retrofits. Once this is complete, we’ll resume our inspection at the front door, beginning with your doorbell and continuing with the remaining interior features and systems of your home.
Along with a visual inspection, SitePro provides free basic thermal imaging with all home inspection services. Thermal imaging uses infrared technology to detect problems in your home that can’t be revealed by a visual inspection alone.
We encourage everyone to be present during the inspection. This is a great opportunity to take an educational tour of your home and get to know its features. SitePro takes the time to show you how everything works so you leave your home inspection with knowledge and confidence about your property.
Understanding Your Home Inspection
Most of your SitePro home inspection will be maintenance recommendations, life expectancies, and notes on minor imperfections, all of which are nice to know. However, the issues that really matter fall into the following four categories:
– Major defects, such as a structural failure
– Problems that lead to major defects, such as a small roof leak that goes untreated
– Issues that may hinder your ability to finance, legally occupy, or insure the home (asbestos, lead, etc.)
– Safety hazards (gas leak, electrical issue, etc.)
Anything within these four categories will be addressed. Often serious problems can be corrected inexpensively to protect your family and your property. No home is perfect. We are here to help you keep things in perspective: You don’t have to miss out on your dream home over minor things that are easily fixable.
You’ll receive a complete evaluation from foundation to roof, inside and out. On the inside, we will inspect the plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and electrical systems, framing, windows, and built-in kitchen appliances. On the outside, we will inspect the roof, chimneys, gutters, foundation, retaining walls, decks and patios. We adhere to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice and will inspect the following items, when visible and safely accessible:
- Siding: Look for dents or buckling.
- Foundations: Look for cracks or water seepage.
- Exterior Brick: Look for cracked bricks or mortar pulling away from bricks.
- Insulation: Look for condition, adequate rating for climate (the higher the “R” value, the more effective the insulation is.)
- Doors and Windows: Look for loose or tight fits, condition of locks, and condition of weather stripping.
- Roof: Look for age, condition of flashing, pooling water, buckled shingles, or loose gutters and downspouts.
- Ceilings, walls and moldings: Look for loose pieces and drywall separation.
- Porch/Deck: Loose railings or step rot.
- Electrical: Look for condition of fuse box/circuit breakers, number of outlets in each room.
- Plumbing: Look for poor water pressure, banging pipes, rust pots or corrosion that indicate leaks, sufficient insulation.
- Water heater: Look for age, size adequate for the house, speed of recovery, energy rating.
- Furnace/Air Conditioning: Look for age & energy rating. Furnaces are rated by annual fuel utilization efficiency; the higher the rating, the lower your fuel costs.
- Garage: Look for exterior in good repair and condition of floors – cracks, stains etc.; condition of door mechanism.
- Basement: Look for water leakage, musty smell.
- Attic: Look for adequate ventilation & insulation, water leaks from roof.
- Driveway/Sidewalk: Look for cracks, heaving pavement, crumbling near edges, and stains.
- Septic Tanks (if applicable): Adequate absorption field capacity for the percolation rate in the specific municipality and the size of your family.
If you’re considering selling your home, SitePro will pre-inspect your property, paving the way for a quick and simple transaction with your potential buyer. A pre-inspected home sells more quickly and for a greater profit than a home with problems.
Buyers of a new home should never assume that all systems and components function properly just because the home is newly built. Simply put, new construction is no longer a guarantee of quality. Don’t just take our word for it, though: Even the Council of Better Business Bureaus agrees that buyers should have their home inspected – old or new – in order to minimize repair surprises at a later date. Hire SitePro to inspect your new property before you issue your final payment to your builder!
Wind Mitigation Inspection
The gulf coast of Florida is no stranger to tropical storms, hurricanes, and strong wind events. Hire SitePro to assess your home’s ability to withstand the elements. We’ll check for features intended to better protect your home from wind damage. This includes reviewing protection of openings, roof covering, gable end bracing, garage doors, roof-to-wall connections, and secondary water barriers. The potential cost savings on your windstorm insurance easily outweighs the cost of your Wind Mitigation inspection.
4 Point Inspections
A Four Point Inspection is often required by insurance companies for older Florida homes. This inspection focuses only on four main areas of interest in a home:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning)
- Electrical wiring and panels
- Plumbing connections and fixtures
We’ll provide an inspection report detailing the condition and age of these four elements.
We offer basic a Thermal Imaging scan free with every home inspection. This tool used along with a moisture meter helps us see problems undetectable to the naked eye. If requested, SitePro will also perform a thorough Thermal Imaging service separate from a home inspection.
New Construction Phase Inspections
Hire SitePro to help guide you through the home building process with a third-party, professional inspection at these critical stages: Pre-Pour Inspection, Framing Inspection, and a Final Inspection. The New Construction Phase Inspections review the quality of workmanship and building practices of your new home. We’ll provide a report for each phase indicating any areas of concern that you should address with your builder before moving to the next phase.
Maintenance Inspection Services
Our home maintenance inspections are the same as our General Home Inspection, only conducted on behalf of you, the homeowner. We will give you information on small problems before they turn into big ones, and help you prioritize a home improvement to-do list for future maintenance.
First-Time Home Buyers
First time home buyers will find our General Home Inspection especially useful, not just as a home inspection, but for maintenance tips and answers to a variety of questions. Our unique reporting format is precise and easy to follow. The home inspection reports we prepare are between 80 – 120 pages of concise, valuable information. We review all of our findings with you and are here to support you through the homebuying process. You’ll receive your home inspection report via email within 24 hours of your inspection.
Are you an investor or commercial property buyer or seller in the Florida Panhandle? Hire SitePro to review the condition of 5 major systems: roofing, structural, electrical, plumbing, and heating and cooling. We’ll provide a full report of our findings to help you better assess your investment.
Your SitePro Inspection Report
Our digital inspection reports are informative and easy-to-use. Each section is categorized and includes a detailed summary that makes it convenient and easy to quickly reference repairs. All reports are posted on our website, produced at the time of your inspection, or faxed to you within 24 hours of the inspection. You’ll also receive a printed copy of your detailed report in the mail, along with useful maintenance tips and information. Our comprehensive, computerized inspection reports include:
- A Summary Section listing defective and marginal items as well as helpful recommendations for repair or replacement
- A Helpful Home Maintenance Guide
- Pre-Closing Inspection checklist for checking on repairs before Closing
- Useful Tip Guide for Maintaining Your Home
- Free digital copies of photographs taken during the inspection
Serving the Florida Panhandle including: Century, Crestview, DeFuniak Springs, Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Freeport, Grayton Beach, Gulf Breeze, Milton, Navarre, Panama City and Panama City Beach, Pensacola and Pensacola Beach, Jay, Laurel Hill, Niceville, Sand Destin, Shalimar, Santa Rosa Beach, Seagrove Beach, Seaside, Valparaiso, Okaloosa
Sign Post Installatin services